Current Career Opportunities at Avery Hall Insurance Group
To apply for a position, please upload your resume and cover letter using the form below.
Documents may also be sent directly via fax or mail to:
Avery Hall Insurance Group
Attention: Jill Long
308 E. Main Street
Salisbury, MD 2180
Phone – 410.742.5111
Fax – 410.742.9520
Please be sure to include the position you are applying for in all correspondence.
Commercial Lines Account Manager
Reports To: Commercial Lines Supervisor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical support to Producers; specifically in analyzing client needs, coverage forms and quotations.
- Submits applications to eligible and appropriate carriers; follows up to ensure timely receipt of quotations and policies.
- Orders and issues binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items; verifies their accuracy; forwards them to client with appropriate correspondence.
- Determines if direct or agency billing is appropriate and invoices accordingly.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals for word processing as needed.
- Processes renewals in coordination with Producers according to agency procedures.
- Reviews audits of policies; verifies accuracy and facilitates corrections, as needed, between client and carrier.
- Verifies policy and policy change information, facilitating corrections when necessary.
- Processes incoming mail and phone requests, responding promptly and appropriately.
- Determines reasons for requests for cancellations; acts to save accounts; notifies Producer.
- Processes and following up on cancellations requests to carriers to ensure accurate and timely resolution; maintains agency in financial equity whenever possible.
- Identifies exposure to loss and recommends appropriate coverages in coordination with Producer.
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintains a cordial and effective relationship with clients, coworkers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communications skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Insurance experience: minimum of 8 years or 5 years in commercial lines.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information, and respond appropriately.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication, and interpret abstract information.
- Property, Casualty Agents License for at least 8 years.
- Knowledge of insurance products and usage's.
- Knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets.
- Knowledge of insurance rating and underwriting procedures.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
- Familiarity with computer and word processing programs.
- Field of vision must be adequate to observe up and down or right to left while eyes are fixed on a given point.
- Ability to process written and other materials visually.
- Strong communication, organization, time management and technical skills.
- Self-motivated with initiative and thoughtfulness.
- Capacity to balance multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to use technology relevant to the company
- Ability to multi task and be able to resolve problems
- Full range of computer skills and must be comfortable using different software programs; ability to learn new programs
- Strong written and verbal communication (to include phone) skills
- Microsoft Word | Microsoft Excel | Email | Internet | Telephone |fax | copier |printer
- Multi-media telephone system
- Commitment to ongoing professional development through industry sponsored educational programs.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Avery Hall Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
*The job description(s) in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in these positions. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.