Current Career Opportunities at Avery Hall Insurance Group
To apply for a position, please upload your resume and cover letter using the form below.
Documents may also be sent directly via fax or mail to:
Avery Hall Insurance Group
Attention: Jill Long
308 E. Main Street
Salisbury, MD 2180
Phone – 410.742.5111
Fax – 410.742.9520
Please be sure to include the position you are applying for in all correspondence.
Commercial Lines Support Staff
Reports To: Commercial Lines Supervisor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical support to Producers/Account Manager(s)
- Prepares and maintains a list of all Commercial Customers pending cancellation
- Contact all customers prior to the cancellation date to remind them of pending cancellation according to agency procedures
- Provides customer with information on quickest method to pay premium whether on-line to the carrier, via the website, etc.
- Processes certificates of insurance and evidences of property as requested by the Producers/Account Manager(s) according to agency procedures
- Processes renewal policies in coordination with Producers/Account Manager(s) according to agency procedures.
- Processes other types of insurance documents as requested by Producer/Account Manager including but not limited to audits, endorsements, and other types of correspondence, making corrections, as needed, as per agency procedures
- Verifies policy and policy change information, facilitating corrections when necessary.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- College education with a minimum of 3 years insurance experience or a minimum of 5 years insurance experience.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information, and respond appropriately.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication and interpret abstract information.
- Property and Casualty Agents License.
- Knowledge of insurance products and usages.
- Knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets.
- Knowledge of insurance rating and underwriting procedures.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
- Familiarity with computer and word processing programs.
- Field of vision must be adequate to observe up and down or right to left while eyes are fixed on a given point.
- Ability to process written and other materials visually.
- Strong communication, organization, time management and technical skills.
- Self-motivated with initiative and thoughtfulness.
- Capacity to balance multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to use technology relevant to the company
- Ability to multitask and be able to resolve problems
- Full range of computer skills and must be comfortable using different software programs; ability to learn new programs
- Strong written and verbal communication (to include phone) skills
- Microsoft Word | Microsoft Excel | Email | Internet | Telephone | Fax | Copier | Printer
- Multi-media telephone system
- Commitment to ongoing professional development through industry sponsored educational programs
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Requires ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, perceiving the nature of sounds with no less than a 40 dB loss at 500Hz and 2000 Hz without correction.
Avery Hall Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
*The job description(s) in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in these positions. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.