Current Career Opportunities at Avery Hall Insurance Group
To apply for a position, please upload your resume and cover letter using the form below.
Documents may also be sent directly via fax or mail to:
Avery Hall Insurance Group
Attention: Jill Long
308 E. Main Street
Salisbury, MD 2180
Phone – 410.742.5111
Fax – 410.742.9520
Please be sure to include the position you are applying for in all correspondence.
Reports To: Sales Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Approach potential clients by phone, email, or in person
- Develop base for long-term sources of clients by using referrals or groups
- Determine the specific needs of particular clients by researching current coverage and available options
- Develop leads and schedule appointments
- Utilize a customer-focused, needs-based review of client insurance options to educate cli• ents
- Obtain underwriting approval by completing applications for coverage
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Three years of Commercial lines insurance experience
- Prefer at least a two-year college degree
- Property and Casualty License (state dependent)
- Prior sales experience
- Experience with standard business applications including MS Office
- Demonstrated an entrepreneurial approach to growing business relationships
- Critical thinking, proactive attitude, and strong communication skills.
- Organized, self-motivated, and proactive in problem-solving
- Acceptable MVR required
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Avery Hall Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
*The job description(s) in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in these positions. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.