How to File a Farm Insurance Claim

how to file a farm insurance claim

Do you have a farm and have been the victim of a theft, fire, or another form of loss? If so, then you may have the right to file an insurance claim. Farm accidents are extremely common, especially during fall harvest. It’s important to know what to do if an accident happens on your farm.

Call for Emergency Assistance if Necessary

If you experienced a theft from your property, then contacting the police would be the first thing to do. Contacting the police is important for your safety and also can be beneficial for filing a claim. In some cases, a police report can help paint a detailed picture of what happened, which makes processing the claim easier. If there was an accident and someone is injured, it’s always best to get help first before tackling the claim process.

Document Everything

When an accident or loss happens on your farm, make sure to document everything you can. Take photos if there is damage to your farming equipment or property. Make a note of when the loss occurred and what happened. You will need this when it’s time to reach out to your insurer. If you made any temporary repairs, save all of your receipts for repair-related expenses in the case that you can be reimbursed.

Contact Your Insurance Company

Contact your insurance company and let them know you would like to file a claim. You will be asked for basic information about the incident including when, where and who was involved. Your claim representative may ask to see photos of the damage to get a better picture of what occurred. A claims representative will assist you with completing the necessary loss notice for proper reporting.

What Happens After Filing an Insurance Claim

Once your paperwork is submitted, the claim will be reviewed. You will be notified by an adjuster to discuss your individual policy and how the coverage will apply to the loss you’ve experienced.

Let’s Talk

Here at Avery Hall, we know how important it is to keep your farm up and running. Our in-house claims department is here to help you when you and your business need it the most.

If you have any further questions about filing a farm claim, contact one of our experienced team members at 410-742-5111 to learn more about how we can help.

How Can Avery Hall Help You?
Thank you for your request! We'll be in touch soon.

Please enter your first name.

Please enter your last name.

Please enter your email address.

Please enter your phone number.

Please enter your city.

Please enter your state.

Please let us know what your question is.