Obviously, we love insurance as we spend our days talking about it and selling. Don’t be fooled! We get just as annoyed by car insurance payments as you do. So, how can you lower the costs and make it slightly more bearable? Lucky for you, we have several tips to reduce your auto insurance payments without sacrificing your coverage.
- Know your options. The range in coverages and rates is never-ending and quite daunting; however, doing your research can help ensure you aren’t paying more than you need to. If you want some help shopping around, contact an Avery Hall expert. As independent agents, we can find you dozens of rates all at once, making the process much easier!
- Drive smart and safe. It may sound obvious, but it truly is one of the best things you can do. Staying attentive and keeping your cool while driving can help you avoid accidents and from racking up points on your license.
- Shop smart. Did you know that the type of car you buy influences your insurance rates? Though that dream car may be tempting, a more moderately priced vehicle will be more insurance friendly and likely provided you with cheaper costs. Aka, you’ll save money across the board!
- Don’t pay for what you don’t need. We are going to get real here. If you have a very well-traveled vehicle, and it clearly shows, you should probably consider dropping any collision and comprehensive coverage you may have. Not quite sure if your car falls into this category? There is a simple math equation you can follow. Add your current costs for your deductible and annual coverage. If the value of your car is less than that, it may be time to cut your collision and comprehensive.
- Raise your deductible. The more you can pay out of pocket (the deductible you pay when filing a claim), the more of a difference you will see in your annual premium. A quick refresher: a deductible equals the amount of your damage bill or costs your insurance company won’t cover.
- Bump that credit score. Every little bit counts! You may not see a drastic reduction in your auto insurance costs but pair this growth with any of these other tips, and you’ll be slipping a few extra dollars back in your wallet for sure. Plus, a higher credit score can provide you with a bunch of other advantages too. Win, win, win!
- Bundle. Several insurance providers offer discounts for using the same carrier for multiple insurance needs, such as home and auto.
The best part about most of these tips? You don’t have to do them alone. Avery Hall agents are here to help you. If you have any questions about your current policy or rates available to you, give us a call. We do all the shopping and discount findings for you.