Do I Need a Medicare Supplement Plan?

medicare supplement post.image.2023

As you prepare for the next chapter of your journey, having a flexible and dependable health plan with the benefits you need is more critical than ever. If you do not want to be surprised with any unpleasant medical bills, then a Medicare supplement plan may be best for you.

Original Medicare may not be enough.

Many may be surprised that Original Medicare (Parts A and B) does not cover everything. Part A is your hospital insurance, and this helps cover your hospital stay up to 150 consecutive days. You would be responsible for the Part A deductible and copayments. Part B will only cover 80% of your outpatient services, you are responsible for the remaining 20%. This is where a Medicare Supplement or Medigap plan will come in and help you pay for the 20%, copayments, and deductibles. Keep in mind that Part B will not cover routine dental or vision care, hearing aids, long-term care, cosmetic surgery, or medications.

What is Medicare Supplement insurance?

Medicare Supplement insurance, also known as Medigap, helps cover the Medicare Part A and B out of pocket expenses that you would incur, like the deductible and copayments. There is a plan that will cover 100% but you must have been enrolled into Medicare prior to January 1, 2020.

Why should you choose a Medicare Supplement Plan?

A Medicare Supplement plan can reduce your costs by helping cover the deductibles and copayments that Original Medicare does not. It offers you greater peace of mind when surprised by an undesirable medical expense.

A Medicare Supplement plan may be best for you if:

  • You want to receive treatment of a Medicare-approved provider that you choose
  • You want help to pay for costs that Original Medicare does not cover, like copayments and coinsurance
  • You are traveling out of state for treatment or care.

Let’s talk!

Make sure you are covered from future out-of-pocket costs. Contact an Avery Hall Benefit Solutions agent today at 410-742-5111 (Salisbury) or 410-822-7300 (Easton) to learn more about Medicare and the plans available to you!

How Can Avery Hall Help You?
Thank you for your request! We'll be in touch soon.

Please enter your first name.

Please enter your last name.

Please enter your email address.

Please enter your phone number.

Please enter your city.

Please enter your state.

Please let us know what your question is.